->>Work in Progress on Beta Site – Workflow and illustration may differ from the current version of the Authoring Tool<<-
The Fade Event Editor lets you:
Control a programmatic fade in or fade out to/from a defined colour and intensity over time.
Add a FADE Event
- Set your In and Out Points on the Timeline.
- Click next to to the left of the Timeline
- A new Event (colour block) will appear on the Timeline
- The FADE Editor will appear in the Preview Window
- Enter a Name (optional)
- Choose the Fade Type – Fade In or Fade Out
Make it a habit to close an Event Editing Panel once you are finished by pressing C or clicking “X” on the panel. This way you will avoid accidentally changing the IN and OUT points of your fade when authoring a new event right after.
Fade Event Editor Overview
Specify which platform(s) to which this Event will apply by pressing the platform icon
– Mobile VR
– Daydream VR
– Gear VR
– Desktop VR
– Mobile 360
– Desktop 360
– Apple TV
Enable or disabled the event.
Specify the frame in which this Event will occur by entering a number (>0)
Specify the frame in which this Event will end by entering a number (>0), or enter a Duration (seconds)
Enter the duration (frames) of this Event, or enter an Out Frame number
Choose a Fade In or a Fade Out
Delete a FADE Event
- Double Click on the Event on the Timeline or from the Event List panel
- The FADE Editor will appear
- Click on
- A confirmation appears – select “Delete” to permanently delete that Event, or “Keep” to cancel the request
Once deleted, the panel will close and the Event will disappear from both the Timeline and the Event list.
Moving and minimizing the Fade Event Editor
- Click and hold the left mouse button over the top bar to move the panel
- Click on on the top right corner of the window to minimize the panel
- To close the panel click on on the top right corner of the window